Fwd: Re: [MLB-WIRELESS] cat5 and sudeo poe

Jason Hecker jhecker at wireless.org.au
Sun Apr 20 18:32:04 EST 2003

568A and 568B are slightly different wiring combinations, with the only
difference being the green and orange pairs swapped.  A cable with 568A at
both ends or 586B at both ends will act as a normal cable for hooking up an
ethernet device to a switch or hub.  With 586A at one end and 586B at the
other end, you'll get a cross over cable which will let you hook two ethernet
devices diectly to each other, like two ethernet cards on different PC's
without the need for a switch or hub.

For directions on making a POE for your AP, then see
http://www.wireless.org.au/~jhecker/poe and it has links to other POE links
too.