[MLB-WIRELESS] Government Internet Filter - What do you think?

mw at freenet.net.au mw at freenet.net.au
Wed Dec 10 01:06:36 EST 2008

Hi Tyson,

Although I still think that it is important to keep up the pressure, it looks like this one is increasingly likely to go the way of the last attempt to do something similar about 10 years ago.

You will probably be aware that Telstra has already declared that they will not be participating in the trial, and optus have said they will only run a cut down version.

iinet have apparently publicly stated that they will run the trial, but only so they can gather evidence to prove that it is unworkable.  I suspect they will not have a hard time to collect that kind of detail ;-)

Cheers!

Mike.