[MLB-WIRELESS] The Automagic Firmware Builder

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 4 00:24:08 EST 2006

> > If I leave it unset people can set their LAN IP address when they
> > first get their router - before flashing the Freifunk Firmware, and
> > not have to change it again.
>
> I think that's the best idea, principle of least surprise and
> all that.
>
> > But this needs to be explained on the website.
>
> Indeed.

OK, check out http://flett.zapto.org/firmware/lantest.cgi

You'll see you can add your LAN IP address if you want, or you can set it to
be a DHCP client, or you can decide to have no default LAN IP address.
Should make things a bit clearer.

I've added a bit of error trapping, but I haven't quite got it to adequately
check for a valid netmask - it only checks if the ip address and netmask are
valid ip addresses - you can enter whatever dotted-quad address you like as
a netmask.  So you can still render your LAN interface unreachable if you
put an invalid netmask value in.  I have done zero testing on this - but
feel free to knock yourself out. :)

Cheers,

Dan