[MLB-WIRELESS] The Automagic Firmware Builder

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Sun Dec 3 13:32:34 EST 2006

On Sunday 03 December 2006 10:41 am, Dan Flett wrote:

> I could change the Firmware Builder so that it sets the router to a fixed
> IP address - such as 192.168.1.1.  But I'm reluctant to do that because
> that means some people may have to set their router's IP address twice to
> suit their LAN address range.

That's OK, what happened was that it was so long since I'd had time to play
with the box that I'd forgotten it'd had a static address on it and was
expecting it to DHCP.. :-)

> If I leave it unset people can set their LAN IP address when they first get
> their router - before flashing the Freifunk Firmware, and not have to change
> it again.

I think that's the best idea, principle of least surprise and all that.

> But this needs to be explained on the website.

Indeed.

Thanks for all this Dan!

This email may come with a PGP signature as a file. Do not panic.
For more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenPGP