[MLB-WIRELESS] The Automagic Firmware Builder

Chris Samuel chris at csamuel.org
Tue Dec 12 22:57:29 EST 2006

On Monday 04 December 2006 12:24 am, Dan Flett wrote:

> OK, check out http://flett.zapto.org/firmware/lantest.cgi

Hi Dan,

It might be worth checking what (if any) MIME type the firmware that is
created is labelled with when you click on the download button.  My system
here (Linux running KDE) grabs the file and opens it in an editor which only
usually happens if it's labelled text/plain.

I'd suggest explicitly labelling it as application/octet-stream, it should
provoke a more sensible response from browsers.  Sending the file size as
well would allow the browser to show a progress bar as well.

Looking at a packet dump I see the server send the following headers for the
firmware (for node GPQ).

HTTP/1.1 200 OK