[MLB-WIRELESS] Avaya Gold in Satellite Pro 6100 can't find network

Michael Borthwick holden at netspace.net.au
Wed Nov 30 20:03:57 EST 2005

I have a problem with an Avaya Gold card running in a colleagues
Toshiba Satellite Pro 6100 laptop (no built in wifi) running XP Pro.

I have Installed the latest drivers from Avaya (2002 vintage?)
(surprised that XP didn't have built in drivers for the world's most
popular wireless card...but anyway)

After much frigging around now have one LED glowing on the card and
the second LED flashes once every four seconds but no wireless
networks are found when scanning for networks in XP network dialog.
The laptop is sitting next to the AP2000 and my PowerBook detects
this AP and several other wireless networks in the area.

Any thoughts on things to check ... ie BIOS...revision.

3 pots of Goat for the first correct answer.