[MLB-WIRELESS] Internet Access

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Tue Jun 28 10:14:29 EST 2005

At 07:05 AM 6/28/2005, Dan Flett wrote:

>I think that's what most people would want to use it for - so a
>bandwidth-limited, port-blocked Internet feed would be sufficient for 95% of
>people.  I don't think the network should ever be used to supply
>open-slather Internet - that's what cables are for. :)

Give me SSH and web access and I'm happy.  The rest I can do on the
cable.  One of my biggest uses for something like MWInternet is to be able
to pull over and grab email or have a quick look on Google... or eBay. :-)

In fact, I'm happy to offer SSH/web/email, maybe VPN access from my
node.  Just gotta put the AP in the sky. :-)  Hope I've got a spare PCI
slot in the firewall as well, for the WLAN segment. :-)  Everything else
will be heavily blocked...

I've got some antenna work for other radio gear to do in late July, and
will be wanting to put an AP up.  I also have an omni (vertical). that I
can use for this project that can sit on one of the HF antenna masts.  I
might even extend the mast for better coverage.

Can anyone recommend a suitable waterproof enclosure that would fit a Minitar?

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com