[MLB-WIRELESS] Bridge versus AP

Ryan Abbenhuys sneeze at alphalink.com.au
Tue Nov 9 11:16:49 EST 2004

Not weird at all. It's quite common and called WDS Mode. (can't remember
what it stands for).

The idea behind it is to allow you to create a mesh of AP's which all link
to eachother as well as allowing clients to connect.

All very well in theory but in reality does not scale well at all. As you
can imagine every single AP and client will be on the same channel for this
to work meaning the noise/interferance floor is massive and resulting in
poor performance.