[MLB-WIRELESS] Different modes?

vk3jma at net2000.com.au vk3jma at net2000.com.au
Mon Oct 20 08:46:48 EST 2003

Hi People, Me again with another question......

A group of us way down south east metro melbourne, Berwick/Narre/Hampton Park,
would like to set up a WLAN.  Not all of us are LOS to each other but there is
a Comms Tower well placed that we can utilise,  it is around 110m ASL at the
base and is 30m high itself.

The idea we are thinking of is to place a AP on this tower and use
either "wireless repeater" or "multi-point bridge" mode.

I notice in the menu of my DWL900APA+ that wireless repeater mode has a MAC
address field.

The proposed AP would be stand alone, ie, no PC connected.

My questions are.

1. Can we use this mode for multiple sites of is it primarily for a repeat of a
single link?

2. Can point to multi-point bridge mode be used in this way?

Many thanks for your time.

Mark