[MLB-WIRELESS] minitar pcmcia card - opinions?

Duncan Robertson duncan at zog.net.au
Tue Nov 4 23:41:51 EST 2003

I am using the more recenty released source code as reffed in the
minitar forums at:
http://www.minitar.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32

They are frustratingly "nearly there"..
- source code is rough (i.e. 686 hardcoded into the makefile,
redhat-centric install script), but at least they have the source code
so this can be fiddled..
- the iwconfig ioctls are only partially implemented.
- A lot of the config is via a QT gui app that appears to be a direct
port of the windows setup app.. it saves files in /etc/Ralink/... which
the rt2400.o driver module appears read when loaded. values set with
this app are reported via iwconfig.

- Presently if I load the module it all appears fine (ifconfig and
iwconfig provide "sane" looking results).. but it just does not start up
- although it does in win98.

HOWEVER _sometimes_ if I insert my skynet orinoco based card into the
spare PCMCIA slot, BOTH cards start working.. remove the orinoco and the
minitar continues to work.. still trying to find out what sequence of
module loads/commands that are run on insertion of the orinoco that
cause the minitar to start working - but it is so frustratingly
inconsistant I am finding it difficult to debug.

habitat club night @ republika - fri 7th nov - clan analogue