[MLB-WIRELESS] that few extra dBi

Ben Anderson a_neb at optushome.com.au
Sat Aug 2 11:12:25 EST 2003

You could always build a small offset dish and mount it with the focal point
aimed at the card...  Bonus of being able to be done in true ghetto style
with some tin foil, cardboard some patience.

Remember, double the signal is an extra 3db...  If you get a decent amount
of reflection, even just a three faceted tinfoil on cardboard reflector
should do the trick...  The "little bit extra" could even be constructed
ad-hoc each day from the tinfoil you use to wrap your sandwiches in and a
dob of bluetack :)

For general info reference on this idea:
http://osiris.urbanna.net/antenna_designs/projects/template/

G'luck,
Ben.

P.S.  I'm sure we'd all be interested to hear how you go if you play with
this idea :)