[MLB-WIRELESS] tonights meet

Tristan Gulyas zardoz at 2600.org.au
Sat Sep 14 01:22:45 EST 2002

Just thought I'd add a few things.

THe meeting didn't follow the normal structure.  This time, people came
along, some of us brought notebook PCs, handheld devices and various
wireless gizmos and were doing things with them, such as the Speak Easy
system which Tony had running (awesome!).  Rob brought a Compaq notebook
running RedHat and DHCP (thanks, Rob!) and the network worked pretty well.

People had more of a chance to talk to each other, ask questions, get
answers and meet people.  In my opinion, a refreshing change from the usual
routine of a presentation where people sit down for an hour or two while
they are spoonfed information....  There was a good chance to play wround
with wireless gear, too.  Julian was there with some gear, as was vaskos
with his usual assortment of Enterasys PCMCIA wireless cards and pigtails to
suit.

What do you guys want to see at the meetings?  The suggestion which has been
put forward has been to alternate between styles of meetings.

.t