[MLB-WIRELESS] Avaya Wireless Cards and Motherboard Compatibility

Kym A Williams kymwilliams at bigpond.com
Fri Sep 6 07:15:22 EST 2002

Has anyone else experienced incompatibility between the Avaya WiFi card and
Gigabyte Motherboards with the VIA BIOS?

Recently bought 2 cards plus the PCI adaptor.

Both cards test fine in my notebook, my spare desktop (Pentium III with
Intel BX Chipset) and my "gateway" machine (Duron 1200 with VIA Chipset).

Wireless networking is fine between the notebook and the Intel BX machine
(when set up as the gateway) and I can happily share my Optus cable
connection and also dialup via a modem.

However in the VIA Chipset machine, the card fails to see the other card in
the notebook, although the notebook happily sees the card in the VIA Chipset
machine in test mode.

This flaw is independent of operating system (have tried both W2000Pro and
XP Home with latest drivers).

My thinking is that the problem is either the chipset or the bios?

Appreciate any feedback - thanks in advance.

______________________________
E-Mail from Kym A Williams
Allambie Heights Consulting
Mobile 0419-418-972
Fax 02-9905-8979

CONFIDENTIAL COMMUNICATION
This electronic message and attachments are intended only for the use of the
addressee named above and may contain information that is privileged and
confidential.
If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution or
copying is strictly prohibited.
If you received this electronic message in error, please notify the sender
by replying to this message