[MLB-WIRELESS] Hate peeping tom, Fake AP 0.3

Vincent Chin nukiez at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 6 01:54:57 EST 2002

Talking about free access and security beef-up, Fake AP could be a nice tool
to protect your private wireless network. This concept is similiar to the
honey-pot setup where it generates lots of fake AP in your network thus
confuse wardriving, drive-by hackers or even your neighbour. I remember some
firewall like SNORT replies with lots of fake open ports to someone who does
portscan on your network, concept is still the same.

I have not deploy it yet, caught it on Freshmeat. I don't think this is
suitable for our Mesh Network since we are open networks but again it's a
good tool for your private network.

*nix.

Homepage:
http://www.blackalchemy.to/Projects/fakeap/fake-ap.html