[MLB-WIRELESS] DNS and Locfinder

Tom Parker tparker at netspace.net.au
Wed Nov 27 19:12:36 EST 2002

James,

Has anyone suggested autogenerating some kind of DNS entries for nodes from
the database.  I would say it won't be that long before we get sick of
referring to nodes by IP addresses and want to use DNS.  Something like
nodefmp.melbourne.wireless.org.au or should we get melbwireless.org and go
for nodefmp.melbwireless.org (melbwireless.* is available)?  It could be
public or private DNS.  I think public would be better since that would
allow resolution using the internet when an internal server might not be
accessible to all nodes for a while.

Cheers,
Tom

ps. thanks for taking on the MAC address suggestion.

Tom Parker tparker at netspace.net.au
http://www.wiresncode.com/projects