(Archive Copy) RE: [MLB-WIRELESS] Melbournes Broadband Enquiry Submission

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Wed May 22 18:01:27 EST 2002

On Wed, 22 May 2002, Steven Haigh wrote:

> to end the matter, it's statistics... 9000 unique visitors in 22
> days. ~410 people per day. average on a 30 day month, 12,300 unique
> visits. approximate amount - but that's statistics...
>
> say one in 5 is behind what we do... that's 2460 unique people.
>
> one in 9 maybe? still 1366 unique people... that's *only* visiting
> www.wireless.org.au - not the rest of it's hosted sites...

With all of those statistics, can you define where those visitors were
coming from?

How many were from outside Australia, how many were specifically from
New Zealand, and how many specifically from Melbourne?

How many of those were from different proxies from within the same ISP?

Statistics are all well and good if they actually mean something useful.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----