[MLB-WIRELESS] was: Can 802.11... >> Official statement on utility-corp telco infrastructure

Tony Langdon tlangdon at atctraining.com.au
Wed May 15 14:44:24 EST 2002

> Today is stupid day for Dwayne.
>
> The last sentence made no sense to me. Why would they DoS the station
> whenever someone pressed the green button?

Ego trip - same reason why ppl deface web sites.

> > Or the station was wiped out by a
> > legitimate ISM emission (against which they have no protection).
>
> Well, the reason I thought of this is because I was reading
> about "WiFi
> hotspots" being proposed for Melbourne train stations, major
> pedestrian
> crossings, etc. So, despite your pooh-poohing, it's an idea which has
> some currency and may actually come about. I thought it might be
> something we could help with.

Hotspots are different.  There, you're dealing with a localised AP, not
trying long haul links.  I wouldn't mind hotspots at stations...  Would take
the lappy with me :-)

---
Outgoing mail has been scanned for Viruses.

This correspondence is for the named person’s use only. It may contain