[MLB-WIRELESS] [NODEEAI] Channel Mgmnt

Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au Tyson.Clugg at csiro.au
Wed May 15 14:16:41 EST 2002

> Channels are 22 MHz wide, but are spaces 5 MHz apart, so
> adjacent channels
> overlap.  You have to go up or down 5 channels to avoid the overlap.

OK, understood.  Now for some more questions...

How much of the 22MHz is in use at any given moment?  That is, does the
bandwidth used tend to the middle of the channel (ala "bell curve") or does
it occupy the entire 22MHz evenly?

If the bandwidth is mainly in the middle, then the *majority* of
interference can be avoided without having to shift 5 channels, right?  For
example, if 1 standard deviation of the bandwidth used is +/- 5MHz, then
would moving 2 channels would be sufficient to avoid the majority of
interference?

/me prods everyone who is falling asleep while reading this thread...

Regards,
Tyson.