[MLB-WIRELESS] Melbwireless Linux distro

Kim Hawtin kim at aldigital.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 22:49:00 EST 2002

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 10:15:06PM +1100, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 09:54:34PM +1100, Jason Hecker wrote:
> > >Ugh. Why start with something inferior? Go with Debian.
> >
> > Edjumacate me here.  For producing binaries, what advantage does Debian
> > have over RH?
>
> Personally I think that building an entire distribution from
> scratch is a waste of effort - you could build a cut-down
> Debian system much easier, and it would be more maintainable.

yes indeed, debian has a package management that works,
there is a debian based distribution used for the nocatnet
stuff too, IIRC ... was posted on PTP and BAWUG recently.

well, they use debian base, then add their packages to it.
it has a custom kernel, and extra firewall handling stuff...

yours,

kim
--
| A.L. Digital Ltd.   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755     |   .^. Don't fear|