[MLB-WIRELESS] Melbwireless Linux distro

Hamish Moffatt hamish at cloud.net.au
Fri Jan 25 22:15:06 EST 2002

On Fri, Jan 25, 2002 at 09:54:34PM +1100, Jason Hecker wrote:
> >Ugh. Why start with something inferior? Go with Debian.
>
> Edjumacate me here.  For producing binaries, what advantage does Debian
> have over RH?

How about not using experimental GCC releases?
RH7.2 supposedly uses gcc 2.96, which is not released
(and since 3.x is already out, may never be).

Personally I think that building an entire distribution from
scratch is a waste of effort - you could build a cut-down
Debian system much easier, and it would be more maintainable.

Hamish