[MLB-WIRELESS] Regional Groups

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Tue Aug 27 00:28:10 EST 2002

At 12:17 AM 27/08/2002 +1000, you wrote:

>On the whole, they look pretty good to me, but then, i have no
>topographical concept of melbourne...

There's a couple of the proposed groups have major hills smack in the
middle of them that will cut them in two, namely the hills of Kew and
Bundoora.

I have spent a lot of time cruising the airwaves of Melbourne. :)

>can i suggest that these be allowed to form on their own, as people take
>up responsibility for them? rather than having to have them approved,
>yadda yadda...that has been a real stength of MW's so far..

That's a good idea, though this was proposed as a way to help people
gravitate towards people who they may be more likely to establish a link
with.  It is not intended to be hard and fast, for example, I may do better
with some western plains ppl than more "local" nodes.

73 de Tony, VK3JED
http://vk3jed.vk.irlp.net