[MLB-WIRELESS] Regional Groups

James Healy jimmy at deefa.com
Tue Aug 27 00:17:23 EST 2002

On the whole, they look pretty good to me, but then, i have no
topographical concept of melbourne...

can i suggest that these be allowed to form on their own, as people take
up responsibility for them? rather than having to have them approved,
yadda yadda...that has been a real stength of MW's so far..

like the sound of RGCentral :-)

James

stOn Mon, 2002-08-26 at 20:53, tyson at www.wireless.org.au wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> As mentioned at the last meeting, I've drafted up some rough regional group (RG)
> boundaries.  These by no means govern which RG you should join, they are simply a
> helpful guide as to which RG may be best to get involved with.  I've taken an
> educated guess as to where the major ridgelines are that divide Melbourne, based on
> topographic features.  If there are people with better local knowledge that can
> point out any major faults with these proposed boundaries, then please do so.  Some
> areas have no names, others are poorly named - feel free to suggest names for your
> region.
>
> These boundaries are only a guide, obviously if the map shows you to be in one
> region but you have better line of sight to nodes in another region, then use some
> common sense and select the best RG to become involved with.  People on the top of
> hills or ridges may want to get involved with multiple groups in order to assist
> with inter-RG connectivity.
>
> The proposed boundaries can be viewed at:
> http://melbourne.wireless.org.au/go/?RGBoundaries
>
> Regards,
> Tyson with assistance from Ryan (Sneeze).

"Before you criticise someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
That way, when you criticise them, you're a mile away and you have their
shoes. "

work: worker at aycs.org.au / personal: jimmy at deefa.com
msn: jimmy at deefa.com / ICQ: 6370237
web: www.deefa.com