[MLB-WIRELESS] A note from the founder.

Steven Haigh netwiz at optushome.com.au
Sun Oct 21 20:48:41 EST 2001

well, I started Melbourne: Digital and Wireless what would have been around
8 - 9 months ago (correct me if I'm wrong here Drew ;) - at this stage there
was only 5 members... Myself, Glen, Daniel W, Kev, and Drew.

Even before Drew signed up with us (before we had his wonderful work with
locfinder etc) we decided to put up a web site (nowhere near the current
site :) and things have just grown from there...

Well, that and to register as an official 'non-profit organisation' we need
to have a board established. You can have a look at our main positions at
http://melbwireless.dyndns.org/pages.php?page=Mission+Statement+%26+Structur

as time passes, we will no doubt have more volunteer positions available for
anyone who is a member to be elected, or volunteered (depending on the views
of the entire group).

Signed,
Steven Haigh

Out the 100Base-T, off the firewall, through the router, down the T1,
over the leased line, off the bridge, nothing but Net.

The net will not be what we demand, but what we make it. Build it well.