[MLB-WIRELESS] Distance tests.

Mick Mick at wow.dynodns.net
Mon Oct 22 14:54:45 EST 2001

This weekend myself (mick,narre warren, AEC) and warren (Moggy, Berwick,
AGF ) had our first sucessfull link tests.
We used antenna's of a guestimated 14dB gain,
The first was between my place and berwick (about 4 km) and we were easily
able to get an 11Mbit link.
We then drove to another location with an estimated distance of about 6kms,
where we again easily achived an 11Mbit link.

So if all goes well hopefull nextweek our 2 nodes will be fully operational.
I will post more details of our setup once we have completed the links.

Mick.

PS. If anybody is interested we have a couple of 2.4GHz 1W bi-directional
amps for sale at $700 each.
(they are great for helping to get those long hops working ;)

email me mick at wow.dynodns.net or call warren 0412 907 643  if interested.