[MLB-WIRELESS] Re: random stuff... was: hardware database online

Daniel Studds foch at optushome.com.au
Sun Aug 26 17:44:23 EST 2001

Perl and co. would work well in this situation, assuming everyone is
running a unix variant, but I'm interesting in cross-platform
development including GUIs (which seem to be covered by Tcl) and
advanced graphics/sound (ie games ;) ans for that, scripting
languages don't quite make it.
Under windows/macintosh, binaries are still the flavour of the day,
and I'd expect it to stay that way for quite a while, seeing as most
people outside the Unix world don't have perl interpreters.

You're right, I could learn network programming in any number of
places, perl and C are kinda similar (I have a little bit of
experience with both) so either would do. I said C++ in the first
place though because OOP seems a lot neater to me than procedural
languages.