[MLB-WIRELESS] Dry copper pairs

Connections Consulting connex at coco.net.au
Sat Aug 25 17:37:59 EST 2001

Pair gain is a technology that Telstra uses when the do not want to lay
more copper.  Effectively, it splits an existing copper pair into
multiple channels (usually using the channels that adsl would use for
data as voice channels for other subscribers).

Generally newer estates will suffer here as the existing copper
infrastructure in the surrounding exsting suburbs, is not enough for
when new pockets of land are opened up to new housing developments.

Of course most of the people in the newer estates are yuppies and with
young families and they are starting to want xdsl, this, of course
screws telstra up as they then have to scurry to lay new infrastructure
costing them more $$$s and stuffing up their share price... :)

Your correct PAPL is the term, see my previous post (b4 this one).

Frank