[MLB-WIRELESS] Proxim 802.11a AP's

Rowan Crowe rowan at sensation.net.au
Sun Mar 20 19:42:56 EST 2005

On Sun, 20 Mar 2005, Winder wrote:

> I called the ACA about this a few weeks ago as a part of a quote I was doing
> for work. The ACA guy said he could not find any mention of the band in
> question was not allowed to be used outside. I checked their web site also
> and could not find any mention either.
>
> If someone could point me at the document at the ACA web site that says this
> band cannot be used outside, it would be much appreciated. Cheers.

I don't know how useful this is, but this is what a couple of mins with
Google AU pulled up:

http://internet.aca.gov.au/acainterwr/aca_home/publications/reports/aca_spectrum_strategy_report.pdf

In the "Class-licenced WAS" section:

Table 1: RLAN frequency ranges
[...]
5GHz   band limits: 5.150-5.350 GHz
max EIRP: 200 milliwatts, indoor use only