[MLB-WIRELESS] Node Classification, costs and alternatives

David Ashburner d_ashburner at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 31 10:18:59 EST 2005

>>2. Net Map - this is kind of a logical map like a Radio net diagram. Shows
>>who is connected to who.
>
>Hmm, isn't this what Locfinder is for?  Or do you mean an automatically
>updated diagram?  One of the guys in WAFreeNet has made a live BGP map of
>their network
>http://planetaxis.sytes.net/current/bgpmap.cgi
>Node GES (http://10.10.144.49) on the MW network has a list of nodes that
>are up or down according to their presence in Node GES's routing table -
>the BGP above is basically a list like that, but put on a map.  If we could
>hook LocFinder into the routing tables from various nodes we could make a
>"Live" version of the LocFinder linkages map.

I started mapping example from LocFinder into the termnology of Seattle
wireless to see if it would fit what we have connected. Then I thought it
might be a cool bit of ASCII art to have a logical  Network-at-a-glance
representation - each node "box" shows the connections and connection
details.

Thinking about it a bit more it's a duplication of information and would
need constant maintenance so I'm not going to do it. I like the idea of a
simple visual representation  but it would get out of date too easily.