[MLB-WIRELESS] IP Tables.

John McClumpha john at incitegraphics.com.au
Wed Apr 6 12:41:44 EST 2005

 From what I can see shorewall is used to simplify the process of
setting up iptables rather than being a firewall solution. Great if
you're familiar with linux and want to simplify this (otherwise
daunting) task

For a firewall distro have a look at http://www.smoothwall.org or
http://www.ipcop.org - there's others around I'm sure - but these two
I've had a lot of success with.

Simply burn the ISO - boot from the CD and follow the basic prompts to
set it up. Once setup all (well... all "standard") admin can be done via
a web gui from any other machine.

John
node INQ