[MLB-WIRELESS] Connecting nodes/clusters and expanding the mesh via Internet tunnels.

evilbunny evilbunny at sydneywireless.com
Mon Sep 9 11:16:20 EST 2002

Hello Paul,

Ok here's how ADSL works...

at the exchange Telstra or any other provider with their own DSLAMs
(sorry I don't recall acronym meaning) plug the copper from your phone
line into that device...

Just as with all asymmetric devices, they are designed specifically, to
connect to a digital device at the exchange, HDSL or PAPL devices are
designed to connect to each other and ISPs among others have been
using these devices (perhaps not as much now) as MUCH cheaper
alternatives for backbone links to their providers then they could get
with fibre, the latency is also much smaller on these devices then
ADSL, 2ms or less...

As far as I'm aware the only reason modem to modem stuff was able to
happen was due to the backward compatibility with even older analog
standards that were originally designed for this purpose...

--
Best regards,
 evilbunny                            mailto:evilbunny at sydneywireless.com

http://www.SydneyWireless.com - Exercise your communications
freedom to make it do what you never thought possible...