[MLB-WIRELESS] RFI: Why _do_ we need a committee?

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Sun Mar 17 14:51:03 EST 2002

Hi all,

I'm not interested in making things worse, but I _am_ interested in
furthering the development of this group (for my own nefarious purposes
which I've already outlined).

I could be accused of being middle-of-the-road on the committee issue,
which I say merely by way of letting readers know that I'm not polarised
at this point.  My not-so-hidden agenda in this post is to elicit
information and promote reasonable discussion.

So, could someone of the "pro-committee" persuasion please put together
some well-reasoned and hopefully compelling points on why exactly we need
a formal structure?  Not "we need a committee because we need a committee"
arguments, but reasons for actual formal structure (preferably ones we
can't address in other ways with the current informal arrangements).

Only slightly tongue in cheek, allow me to suggest that this should be
some kind of formal, structured document.

Thank you.

Adrian Close			email:	adrian at close.wattle.id.au
1 Old Gippsland Rd.		web:	http://www.close.wattle.id.au/~adrian
Lilydale, VIC, 3140, Australia	mobile:	+61 412 385 201