[MLB-WIRELESS] Meeting Structure? #%(^&!!

Adrian Close adrian at close.wattle.id.au
Fri Mar 15 16:32:15 EST 2002

On Fri, 15 Mar 2002, dwayne wrote:

> Err, not to get too narky, but your parking ticket is unrelated to the
> meeting, really.

Yes and no.  No in that it's nothing to do with Melbwireless _officially_.
Yes in that it affected a bunch of people who went to the last meeting and
might be reluctant to repeat the experience.  Myself, I'll just put it
down to a) greed on the part of Booroondara Council for not putting up
adequate signage for such an unusual parking restriction and b) me not
looking hard enough for said signage (and I did look when I parked).

If we're there again next meeting we can put up our own signs to remind
people,  I guess.  Moving right along...

> Not at all. Shouldn't all "members" contribute what they can, to make
> the project grow as well as possible, without expecting some reward
> (other than brownie points and street cred)?

Very much agreed.  My reward for the work I put in will hopefully be a
community wireless network covering Melbourne and beyond, plus a bunch of
new friends and a lot of fun had.

Unless there's a _very_ good reason for collecting membership fees (and I
haven't heard one yet) I'm not really up for that.  Passing the hat around
works for meeting room hire.  "Bring your own" works for BBQs.  Mailing
lists and web sites find homes of their own accord.

Ad-hoc _doesn't_ work for carrier licences, for example, but we're nowhere
near that at this stage, if we even ever go there.

Adrian Close			email:	adrian at close.wattle.id.au
1 Old Gippsland Rd.		web:	http://www.close.wattle.id.au/~adrian
Lilydale, VIC, 3140, Australia	mobile:	+61 412 385 201