[MLB-WIRELESS] First ever Mikrotik user meeting in Australia

mw at freenet.net.au mw at freenet.net.au
Thu Jan 27 21:05:49 EST 2011

Hi all,

I suspect that there will be a few of you out there in melbwireless land
interested to know that Mikrotik have just announced their first ever
Mikrotik User Meeting 'MUM' for Australia - Brisbane, 15th April 2011

For Mikrotik enthusiasts like me ;-) this is a fantastic development - MUMs
have been held in cities all around the world for many years now, and this
is the first time that they have even entertained the ideas of bringing
their event to our region.

MUMs are hugely popular in other countries, sometimes running for several
days and attracting several thousand visitors.  Our local event is likely to
be a more cosy affair with around 100 attendees.  MUMs usually focus on user
content with Mikrotik users presenting some interesting and unusual
real-life applications for the Mikrotik platform.

http://mum.mikrotik.com/

<disclosure>When I discovered Mikrotik 5 years ago, after playing with
various open source router platforms like openwrt and dd-wrt etc, II was so
impressed that I eventually entered into a distribution arrangement with
them.  Now, DuxTel is the largest distributor of Mikrotik products in
Australia</disclosure>

So,.. don't just take my word for it, check out what others have to say
about Mikrotik, RouterBoard and RouterOS.  Just to try to minimise and
'commercial' content to this post, I won't be so crude as to put a link to
our company web site or online store, but feel free to ask :-}

Cheers!  Mike Everest.