[MLB-WIRELESS] P2P Text/video/Audio chat?

coles.david at gmail.com coles.david at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 23:46:50 EST 2011

Taking a look at
http://ao2.it/it/blog/2010/02/22/extremely-brief-survey-link-local-xmpp
seems to indicate that most of the XMPP libraries currently lack
support for voice/video. I wasn't able to get it working between
Empathy and Pidgin even though the both support voice/video with
server based XMPP. Hopefully they add V/V support for link-local. It's
very handy for chatting with people who are "close by" without needing
to register accounts and exchange contact details.

Empathy seems to also allow you to do serverless chatrooms using
Clique (http://telepathy.freedesktop.org/xmpp/clique.html) but it's
not supported by Pidgin.

Cheers,
David