[MLB-WIRELESS] Dlink DWL-G510 causing frequent system resets

Jason Hecker jhecker at wireless.org.au
Thu Feb 3 10:40:07 EST 2011

> Any thoughts on how to debug the problem or should we bin the card ?

I'd bin it.  There is a fault on the card or even it's PCI bus that is
upsetting all the machines it goes into.  The best bet is to just go buy a
new ~$30 card  be it PCI or USB and save yourself much more than $30 worth
of your time banging your head against the wall.  I just got some mini-PCI
wireless-N cards off eBay that kept resetting my laptop.  It turns out they
were part of a relabelled pre-release engineering test batch.  Yay!

Can you see any swollen or hollow-to-the-flick electrolytic capacitors or
does it smell a bit of burnt electronics?