[MLB-WIRELESS] Routing protocols

mw at freenet.net.au mw at freenet.net.au
Sun Oct 12 18:18:34 EST 2008

Hi folks,

This should probably be my last post for the day - wouldn't want to flood
the list with questions/ideas ;-)

Just wondering what (if anything) is going on in the MW network as far as
routing goes.

Is there OSPF running? IGP?  I note from Tom's topology map that there are
several redundant paths in there - is there some kind of order managing
those paths other than just a bunch of static routes?

What about BGP?  It would be something very neat if we could set up some BGP
routing in the MW network so that if any node borders a network with
content, then those content networks could be advertised into the MW network
so that the advertised content can become visible 'internally'.

For example, I have probably a couple of hundred web sites delivered from my
datacentre site.  If I broadcast the relevant address space into the MW net,
then any access to those sites would automatically go via the MW net.

Can anyone shed some light on how it is all working at the moment?

Cheers! :)