[MLB-WIRELESS] GHO South beam query

Tyson Clugg tyson at melbournewireless.org.au
Tue Nov 18 23:45:37 EST 2008

Hey Peter,

I'm not sure what happened to GHO - our vice president Peter Buncle manages
that node.  There are plans to move GHO and other backbone nodes to the 5GHz
band in the long term to avoid the excessive noise suffered on 2.4GHz.
Peter has been given approval to source new antennas from Melbourne Wireless
funds - he is very kindly donating the radio hardware out of his own
pocket.  There are no immediate plans to remove the 2.4GHz links as far as I
am aware.  It may be that Peter has been testing/configuring GHO in
preparation for the upgrade.

Mr Buncle, the floor is yours.  What news do you have regarding your
progress with the upgrade?

Are you aware of the change to the radio channel for the GHO southern
interface?  Or is the radio simply configured to automatically use the
channel with the least amount of noise?

Cheers,
Tyson Clugg.

President, Melbourne Wireless Inc.