[MLB-WIRELESS] Long distance links

Peter Buncle peter at nmc.net.au
Tue Nov 4 08:57:06 EST 2008

Hi Ben,

(For those interested I'll be showing a
radio mobile demo at this Friday's (14th) MW meeting
And I'm put the images up on mw at
)

I've done some plotting with radio mobile
and I don't think the nearest trees are your problem.

You really need to get a note on the nearby hill ,
It'll then cover all of port arlington and provide
a great bounce point to melbourne.

If you can start researching the site we can provide
The expertise and equipment to get it running.

See the plots at;

http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/files/Images/Radio_Mobile_Plots/Geel
ong_to_Melbourne/Port_Arlington_Plots/image1.JPG

http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/files/Images/Radio_Mobile_Plots/Geel
ong_to_Melbourne/Port_Arlington_Plots/image2.JPG

http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/files/Images/Radio_Mobile_Plots/Geel
ong_to_Melbourne/Port_Arlington_Plots/image3.JPG

http://www.melbournewireless.org.au/files/Images/Radio_Mobile_Plots/Geel
ong_to_Melbourne/Port_Arlington_Plots/image4.JPG

Ben, can you visit the hill and take photo's and enquire about
access / power ?

You'll be amazed what may happen if your nice and just ask.
(get a name / contact number if you manage to contact someone)

Cheers

Peter
Vice President
Melbourne Wireless