[MLB-WIRELESS] Hong Kong Ebay antennas

Rob roberts at dcsi.net.au
Wed Jan 9 01:42:34 EST 2008

Hello Gaz,

Dave is right, the whips you have are tuned for 5.4 GHz....

They are not Dipoles though, Dipoles are center fed and have equal size
radiators each side of the feed point...

Dipoles have a 0 DB gain compared to an Isotropic antenna, what you have is
most likely a 1/4 wave stub feeding a 5/8 ( or multiple ) whip through a
phasing coil ( near the center )

The fact that they are not connected electrically at the connector means
they are capacitively coupled, quite a good thing when done properly,

As Dave suggested, sweep them and tune them for 2.4 GHz

Cheers,

Rob.