[MLB-WIRELESS] Government Internet Filter - What do you think?

mw at freenet.net.au mw at freenet.net.au
Thu Dec 11 14:47:12 EST 2008

Hi Kim,

> > cop the fine.  How can any amateur radio group possibly keep all their
> > members in line?
>
> they don't and they can't. each member of a amateur club has their own
> license.
>
> each person is responsible for what they do.

Yes, that is surely true.  My comments were related to melbournewireless
becoming a registered carrier as an incorporated entity.

> which is a better model, IMHO, because each license holder knows what
> they can and can't do and what the consequences are, as part of getting
> the license.

I think there is probably a difference between carrier registration and
licensing anyway - one does not imply the other, and a registered carrier
might still be liable for infringement or improper use of radio equipment
operating outside (or inside perhaps) of the license conditions.

Cheers~!

Mike.