[MLB-WIRELESS] WiMAX to go Australia wide?

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at optushome.com.au
Tue Jun 19 07:34:40 EST 2007

At 01:37 AM 6/19/2007, Dean Collins wrote:
>As it's still early in the announcement I think it's a moot point to
>complain what they are/are not rolling out.
>
>Anything that is able to increase to connectivity for remote/rural
>people above dial up is a good thing.
>
>My point was people seem to be making a lot of assumptions already about
>this announcement without a lot of factual data (both gov/corp and
>public)

This is true, but I'll join the ranks of the skeptics unless someone
can prove otherwise.  Radio has limited bandwidth, and WiMax, like
GSM, UMTS, HSDPA and other cellular technologies requires a lot of
serious backhaul bandwidth, especially when you want to service
thousands of users.

I'd be happy to be proven wrong, but I am rather skeptical.

73 de VK3JED
http://vkradio.com