[MLB-WIRELESS] Newbie setup

Rockwallaby Deluxe Model rockofclay at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 11 00:24:45 EST 2007

Rightio, here we go then.

 I've recently decided I want to join the fun at
melbourne wireless. I'm new to all of this stuff, but
I have been doing some research.

I hope its not to long winded, but as I don't really
want to mess this up, I'll go through what I have so
far.

I have two (one for spare, or to give to a friend)
pacific monolithics down converters and I
plan on doing this to them.

http://apache.airnet.com.au/~fastinfo/wireless/PacMon/

I also have one small (heh) galaxy conifer that I
plan on doing this to

http://martybugs.net/wireless/conifermods.cgi

I hope to achieve a link from Northcote (Node:JRK)
to Brunswick East (Node:JRI). Its about 1.7 kms LOS on
google earth.

I'll probably buy 2 linksys WRT54G's and run open
WRT on them. I would like a cheaper choice if one is
available. I don't want to compromise on too many
features though, as I want to keep the network
flexible.

These will be put in some tupperware/pvc pipe and