[MLB-WIRELESS] Cisco Bridges??

Mark Aitken nodegxt at yahoo.com.au
Wed Feb 28 17:42:56 EST 2007

Hello,

I am currently installing Cisco 1300 series bridges for the company I
work for.  These units are fed by 2 RG6 coax cables that run
back to a power injector and a CAT5 RJ45 socket.

The RG6 coax run is limited to a MAX of 30m.

I have 2 questions...

1.  Why coax?

2.  Why 30m?

Ok, I can under stand the 30m limit being a limitation on either the
power supply requirement or the data transfer delay/protocol??? but I
would have
thought that a simple standard CAT5 PoE solution would have done it all??

I am also installing the Cisco AP1240 Series AP's which take Cat5 right
up to the unit with just the standard limit of a cat5e run (90m).

Regards

Mark