[MLB-WIRELESS] implimenting a node/client in North Carlton

Rohan Malhotra rohanmalhotra86 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 24 12:18:15 EST 2007

hello all,

its rohan here, to those of you who may have a received a similar msg
prior-to please forgive my persistence, i think i've tried mailing a few of
the apparently local nodes near my house and tried msging the regional
mailing lists to largely no avail, since then i have managed to pretty much
source all the gear (at least i think i have). I have now the following
equipment, 10m of rg-213 cable, a cantenna, 2 male rg213-nconnector, 1m< of
rg174 cable, i think it is an sma connector (whatever it is it fits my
wirelss card and the rg174 is connectible to it), a netgear
WG311<http://www.netgear.com.au/Products/Adapters/GWirelessAdapters/WG311.aspx>v3
pci wireless adapter and then finally an i think it must b called
sma-nfemale connector.

thing to do now of course is to set it up,... now this is largely what i'm
having trouble with given my ineptitude in this field. my attempts so far
haven't been so succesful i seem to not b getting much of a signal boost.  i
think all i really have to do is assemble my cable properly (I have a
soldering iron and solder), erect the cantenna in a suitable position,
perhaps impliment my routers (maybe patch the firmware) to get some sort of
reciprocal signal happening and point it in the right direction (scanning
with appropriate software, that i may or may not b aware of), but because
none (aside from one, thx mark) of the locals are replying to me i dont know
which directions are valid directions or for that note whether security and
all the rest is enabled. if i could just get some help from an experienced
enthusiast, i would be able to do this in hopefully no time at all. this
would allow me in turn to provide demonstrations and recommendations to
others in need (i have managed to accumulate a considerable amount of
interest in this project; just about everybody i know!).
so yeah even if you cant physically give me a hand could someone at least
point me in the right direction, you know like explain to me what at least
if i had a working antenna and cables firstly in which direction/where id
have to point it ( ive been told there is a building in the cbd that
apparently if ur able to see you should be able to ge ta good connection)
and then secondly from there, what one does in terms of logging in or
security.

name: rohan

address : 607 station st, carlton north 3054

ph no: 0439-583-490

otherwise feel free to simply reply to this email!

thx

rohan