[MLB-WIRELESS] Quad Shield RG6 cable for wireless?

Dan Flett conhoolio at hotmail.com
Sun May 14 10:08:11 EST 2006

I've found that using a USB hub acts as a repeater and can sometime extend
the distance at which you can use a USB wireless dongle.  Put a small hub at
the end of the long cable and plug the dongle into it - you might have more
success.  But the quality of the cable is definitely important.

You can buy 5m and 10m USB extension cables from TECS reasonably cheap.
I've had mixed results with them, using different hubs and different
wireless dongles.  Experimentation is the key.

Cheers,

Dan

View my blog:
http://freenetjazz.blogspot.com