[MLB-WIRELESS] 52 Klm wireless link

Peter Buncle peter at nmc.net.au
Mon May 8 13:59:25 EST 2006

Afternoon,

Just because we haven't had much news on melbourne wireless itself
lateley,

Well done Richard (GDW) on his 51klm link from GDW taylors lakes
to GHO mt dandenong with a standard r100/wl500g running openwrt.

Also well done John on his 22klm link from FOC sth springvale to ILE mt
dandenong
also with a r100/wl500g & cm9 atheros based card running openwrt &
madwifi.

We're also continuing work on building the MW backbone around melbourne
to make it easier to uplink to high bandwidth links.

If you have access to a tower / site that may be suitable, email the
commitee
& we'll look into it's suitability.

Cheers

Peter