[MLB-WIRELESS] Dish focal Calculation

Datec datec01 at optusnet.com.au
Sun Jun 11 14:02:27 EST 2006

Hi everyone,

Could someone please tell me the correct way to focus an ex galaxy dish.
I’ve made a cantena collector but don’t know exactly (apart from trial and
error) where is the focal point of the dish, seeing it is only part of a
larger curve.

I can get a rough idea of where to point the dish but when I’m looking for a
spot in the (far) distance I’m not sure if it’s the setup or the bad aiming
which is causing me to not find targets. Basically I’ve got to find how to
aim the dish and also how to aim the cantena more accurately.

Thanks Peter
Node JGA