[MLB-WIRELESS] HVC update

Fenn Bailey fenn_b at smktech.com.au
Thu Jun 1 17:07:27 EST 2006

Hmmm, this is becoming more and more of a problem.

On this note, does anyone know what the 5.8GHz range is like noise wise?
Also, the restrictions as to what you can/can't do in the 5.8 spectrum (I
seem to remember there are different power limits, and different again for
indoors vs outdoors)?

I have accidently become a distributor for some fairly interesting new WiMax
gear that operates at 5.8Ghz that I should be able to get in comparitively
cheaply.

Some initial details:

Standard:		802.16 - 2004PMP
Frequency Bands:	5.725 - 5.850Ghz
Max Tx Power:	23dBm
Receive Sense:	Better than -90dBm at BPSK1/2
			Better than -72dBm at 64QAM
Claimed range:	3.2km NLOS, 40km LOS

This could be useful in the 5.8Ghz range (at least for a while) particularly
for Melbwireless backbone links. Any further info/knowledge the use of this
kind of gear in Australia (we're getting planning on getting it fully
complied - it's from an overseas manufacturer) would be interesting.

Cheers,

	Fenn.