[MLB-WIRELESS] Wireless newsgroups up and running.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Wed Jan 25 10:37:12 EST 2006

On 25/01/2006, at 12:48 AM, rick wrote:
> its nice you did this but how about fixing rgsoutherns mail list

It's not as simple as you'd think. handling multiple email domains on
a single server isn't that easy - which is why it isn't done as yet.

See, the problem with vhosting email is that at the moment, we have
everything at wireless.org.au. Now the aim is to shift all MW related
lists to @melbourne.wireless.org.au - because obviously,
committee at wireless.org.au is not for the committee of Wireless.org.au
- but Melbourne Wireless - so committee at melbourne.wireless.org.au
would be better. Following this concept,
rgsouthern at melbourne.wireless.org.au would also fit better.

Now the issue at the moment, is that committee at wireless.org.au and
committee at melbourne.wireless.org.au appear to the system as the same
email address - because vhosting is something I haven't managed to
get going correctly in the past.

Now if someone has done this before and wants to give me some
pointers on how to do this, then feel free to contact me, however
everyone I've talked to in the past was unsure on how to do this.

This is why the rgsouthern list hasn't returned as yet.

--
Steven Haigh

Email: netwiz at crc.id.au
Web: http://www.crc.id.au