[MLB-WIRELESS] Mailing list and Newsgroups changes.

Steven Haigh netwiz at crc.id.au
Sun Feb 5 17:55:29 EST 2006

On 05/02/2006, at 4:47 PM, Steven Haigh wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've been working hard on the mailing side of the server lately, and
> now, hopefully everything is working :)
>
> You might notice this post is slightly different than my others - this
> is because it's coming from news.wireless.org.au and being sent
> through
> to the mailing list! You can check this out in the group
> aus.wireless.groups.melbournewireless
>
> The RGSouthern mailing list is also back up and working - it is also
> synced to the newsgroups. It can be viewed on the newsgroup:
> aus.wireless.groups.melbournewireless.rgsouthern.
>
> Hopefully, when proved stable, this will be expanded to all other
> regional groups.
>
> So, give them a go, mirror the newsgroups on your local wireless node,
> and let the communication begin!

As a quick followup to this, us just adding aus.wireless to usenet
has the potential to annoy a lot of people. This being the case, we
have changed the group names.

The server is still the same, however instead of using
aus.wireless.groups.*, we now use wifi.groups.* This will ease the
transition if/when we merge the group listings to a global usenet feed.

I have updated all the mail <-> news gateways. Can people who run
news interfaces on their wireless nodes, please check that they are
mirroring this change.

Thanks.

--
Steven Haigh